Episode 157 is live! This week, we talk with Alex Smith in Memphis, TN. Alex is the Chief HR Officer for the City of Memphis. She also served on the HR teams at Brightstar Device Protection, Target Corporation, and Microsoft. Alex will be speaking this year at SXSW on a panel called, “Dear HR: Ditch the pool table and pay student loans.”
On today’s episode, Alex shares:
- The details on the student loan reimbursement plan the City of Memphis has implemented
- What types of creative benefits companies are offering
- The differences in interviewing at a corporation versus a government
- Tips on deciding if you should work at a corporate job, or a government job
- Tips for transitioning between different cities
Thanks to everyone for listening! And, thank you to those who sent me questions. You can send your questions to Angela@CopelandCoaching.com. You can also send me questions via Twitter. I’m @CopelandCoach. And, on Facebook, I am Copeland Coaching.
Don’t forget to help me out. Subscribe on iTunes and leave me a review!