2016 has been a big year for Copeland Coaching. If you blinked, you might have missed something. Below is a recap of my favorite things from 2016. I hope you enjoy!
- Recruiter.com picked Angela’s book Breaking The Rules & Getting The Job as the #1 book to drive your professional success. “If you’re tired of being at the mercy of job boards and unresponsive hiring managers, start here.”
- Personal Income.org selected Copeland Coaching as one of the top 25 Resume Building & Career Blogs.
- Forbes quoted Angela in their piece 5 Ways to Pull Off a Successful Career Switch. “If you’re looking to switch because you want a quick fix to a problem at work — for example, you have a boss you’re desperate to escape from — you might want to rethink making an entire career switch.”
- MarketWatch quoted Angela in their piece Half of the high-paying jobs in America now require this skill.
- Monster quoted Angela in their piece 9 qualities recruiters want to see in every single candidate. “Reliability is important because it shows your future boss what they can expect of you going forward. Show you are reliable by [being on time] for interviews or meetings, and sending your resume, and any other piece of documentation requested, when you promised.”
Top Downloaded Podcast Episodes:
- Gayle Laakmann McDowell – Gayle shared her insight on how to crack the coding interview. She also shares tips on how to move from one functional area to another, and how to avoid common career mistakes. If you’re in tech, this one’s for you!
- Sharon Hill – Sharon shared her advice on generational differences in the workplace, how to handle office gossip, and what you can do to avoid irritating your coworkers. If you can’t seem to figure out your younger or older colleagues, listen to this episode!
- Landon Holder – Landon advised us on what you should wear to an interview, what you need to know about accessories, and how to buy your first suit. Struggling for what to wear? Start here!
- Zachary Croteau – Zac gave great tips on networking (including cold calling) and landing a job offline. He also gave us suggestions for using LinkedIn, and LinkedIn endorsements. If you listen to no other episode, listen to this one. Zac shares insights about networking that can be used across every industry, at every point in your career.
- Mac Prichard – Mac shared his secrets to hacking the hidden job market, to mastering informational interviews, and how long your job search should really take. If you’re tired of the online application process, check out this interview!
Most Read Newsletters:
- Want to find a new job? Stop paying so much attention to the minimum requirements. I’m certain I’m going to get negative feedback for saying this, but I just have to. Every day (and I really mean every day) I spend at least an hour trying to convince job seekers to do something that seems completely crazy — apply for a job.
- Technology is a tool, not a key. All the time, I see job seekers who are working really, really hard. They’re at home, perfecting their resume and cover letter. And, they’re spending countless hours applying for jobs online. And, I mean HOURS. It could literally be their full time job.
- Are you ready to get serious about your job search? Finding a job is a process. And, in many cases, it’s not a quick one. If you wait until you can’t bear to go in to work one more day, you’ve waited too long.
- How long should your job search really take? One of the number one (if not THE number one) complaints job seekers have is how long it really takes to find a new job. So, what’s a reasonable expectation?
- Is it possible to double your salary? I saw an article last week that really got me thinking. It was all about this concept of doubling your salary. One of the top complaints of unhappy employees is money. They want to make more. They want to be paid fairly. And, who can blame them? With the two to three percent annual raises out there today, it’s impossible to keep up!
Thank you for coming along this journey with me in 2016! I’m thankful for each and every one of you! If you’ve missed any of these most read newsletters, or most downloaded podcasts, please be sure to check them out. And, watch for more big things to come in 2017!