Episode 165 is live! This week, we talk with Dr. David Burkus in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
David is an author, speaker, and associate professor of leadership and innovation at Oral Roberts University. His new book, Friend of a Friend, offers readers a new perspective on how to grow their networks and build key connections. He also gave a TEDx Talk titled, “Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid.”
On today’s episode, David shares:
- What pay transparency is, and the pros and cons of using it
- Why we may feel underpaid, and what we can do about it
- Why networking and professional networks are important to our careers
- What a super connector is, and why they matter
- What you can do if you’re looking for a networking option that’s not a mixer
Thanks to everyone for listening! And, thank you to those who sent me questions. You can send me your questions to Angela@CopelandCoaching.com. You can also send me questions via Twitter. I’m @CopelandCoach. And, on Facebook, I am Copeland Coaching.
Don’t forget to help me out. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave me a review!
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.