Featured Job: Advisor @ US Department of Labor
May 29, 2016 | Posted in:Job Posting
The U.S. Department of Labor is seeking an Administrative Program Advisor in Washington, DC.
- Develop policies, processes, and procedures pertaining to administrative operations. Provide authoritative advice and recommendations in situations where guidelines and procedures do not exist and where there are differences of opinion and approaches among organization stakeholders.
- Review proposed regulations which would significantly change the basic character of Office programs, and the way the Office conducts its business and interacts with customers and stakeholders. Develop study formats for use by others on project teams.
- Serve in a technical advisory capacity and as personal representative at the direction of senior management at meetings, panels, tasks forces and conferences with other federal agencies, state agencies, and others.
- Serve as the key liaison to the Office of Financial Administration. Manage Salaries and Expenses (S&E) accounts (travel, supply, training, awards, etc.). Oversee, process, and reconcile all office purchases and expenditures of funds for internal office operations. Develop, manage and track the spending plans for travel, training, and supplies; and expenditures related to personnel training and performance awards.
- Serve as the key liaison to the Office of Human Resources and provide counsel to managers on issues regarding recruitment, selection, placement, control of positions, position descriptions, promotions, quality step increase (QSI) recommendations, awards, corrective actions, employee development, training, counseling or termination of employees. Provide staff leadership and analytical advice, guidance and assistance to ensure that personnel needs are adequately identified and met, as well as ensuring recommendations and/or decisions meet legal, regulatory, procedural, and policy requirements.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the U.S. Department of Labor website.
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.