Featured Job: VP, Development @ Lucasfilm
April 19, 2016 | Posted in:Job Posting
Lucasfilm is seeking a Vice President of Development in San Francisco, CA.
- Partners with SVP, Development in facilitating the best creative process for writers and filmmakers throughout development and production. Builds strong, supportive relationships with all Lucasfilm content creators.
- Partners with the SVP, Development to assess content needs and identify new content for acquisition or internal development.
- Maintains strong relationships with talent agencies and the entertainment community to identify the best creative talent for Lucasfilm projects. Stays abreast of
emerging talent in the feature film, animation, and television spaces. Identifies talent to watch.
- Understands and enforces the content and brand strategies across all platforms to ensure franchise alignment throughout Lucasfilm and the larger Walt Disney Company. Entails partnering with Lucasfilm and Disney executive leadership in all aspects of story concept approval and strategy development.
- Partners with the SVP, Development in the administration, management, and mentorship of the Story Group.
- Provides creative input, feedback, and support to all members of the Story Group and ILMxLab on storytelling projects across all platforms and presents
- Partners with Business Affairs during negotiation of writer and director deals, as required.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Lucasfilm website.
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.