Launched in April 2014, Casper earned over $1 million in revenue in 28 days. This award-winning startup designs and manufactures mattresses right here in the US, selling them directly online to consumers. This vertical integration cuts out unnecessary expenses like massive furniture showrooms and commissioned salespeople, making their products much less expensive than those sold in retail stores.
The Director of Mechanical Engineering will help lead the product development team. Casper is looking for someone who wants to build and lead an engineering team and who cares deeply about crafting classic beautiful objects with great form and great function.
Who you are:
- A seasoned Mechanical Engineering Leader who enjoys the details of design as well as leading a team of engineers to produce great products
- You have shipped product and understand what it takes to make that happen
- You are passionate about making physical products — from soft goods to furniture to consumer electronics
- You think through building
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead a team of talented mechanical design engineers to make a broad range of products
- Manage the product development process from design to production
- Source and engage with manufacturers and vendors, set development schedules & manage projects
- Collaborate across other design disciplines (ID, Design Research, EE, etc) and across other functions within the company (supply chain, marketing, consumer experience, communications, etc.)
- Work with other senior leaders within the company to set product strategy and directions
This position is based in San Francisco, CA. To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Casper website here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.