If you love cars just as much as you love technology and design, Tesla Motors could be the perfect company for you. Founded in 2003 by Silicon Valley engineers, the company has remained dedicated to its original purpose – to create electric cars that are even better than gasoline-powered cars. In 2014, CEO Elon Musk debuted the 85D, which can go from 0 mph to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds, making it the fastest four-door production car ever made.
The Facilities Development Project Manager will manage capital improvement projects at the company’s 5.7 million square foot industrial plant in Fremont, CA. The successful candidate will supervise projects to support the installation of new production equipment and support modifications to the existing building infrastructure.
- Provide constructive feedback to architects and engineers during design development. Feedback is based on prior construction experience and typical construction practices.
- Prepare and present ROM pricing estimates to obtain executive management approval to commence projects.
- Prepare scopes of work and schedules as a basis to obtain competitive contractor pricing.
- Supervise contractors to ensure quality work and timely work completion.
- Communicate with affected parties project timing and cost.
- Work with local City building inspectors and third party inspectors to perform progress inspections and to close out building permits in a timely manner.
- Work with in-house Environmental, Health and Safety department to ensure a safe construction work environment.
This position is based in Fremont, CA. To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Tesla Motors website here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.