The American Red Cross is seeking an Executive Director in Burlington, VT.
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. This highly visible role leads and directs volunteers and employees in the Northern Vermont chapter to ensure the American Red Cross goals and mission are achieved. Reporting to the Regional Executive, you will promote an inclusive, team-based culture centered on leading and empowering volunteers. As the face of the Red Cross, this role also cultivates and manages select donors. In addition to enhancing community presence through key media and community partner relationships, you will steward the local board of directors. The population served in the chapter will be between 500K and 1M.
Recruit and develop local volunteer leaders to achieve mission metrics and support responsibilities in home market and district.
• In support of fundraising, manage local United Way relationships, local major donors, and board of directors’ contributions.
• Work with board to nurture individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
• Build community presence in home market through relationship with media, elected officials, and key governmental partners.
• Develop relationships with community stakeholders. Focus especially on those that bridge volunteer partners such as faith-based, college/university, NGO/NPO, and community organizations.
• Recruit and steward local board of directors for 100% participation. Manage annual board campaign and efforts of other related community boards.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the American Red Cross website here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.