Knowledge Quest is seeking a Family Coach in Memphis, TN.
Functions in a supportive role by assisting families facing parenting challenges by focusing on reducing stress and trauma through group and individual counseling sessions; Works collaboratively with Universal Parenting Center staff using parent-centered, strength-based strategies; Has ability to create trusting and effective relationships with parents, some of whom have legacies of generational trauma.
- Provides support and counsel individually or in a group setting while maintaining a welcoming and non-judgmental environment.
- Educates parents and families about the potential negative impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences on brain development.
- Plans activities that reinforce the strengths of parents and address parenting concerns.
- Assess and determine client needs and make appropriate referrals to external agencies if issues are outside the scope of support offered by the Universal Parenting Place.
- Work collaboratively with the Director-Family Consultant to determine work hours and coverage so that client needs are met.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of visits, activities, counseling sessions, and other services provided to clients.
- Collaborate with UPP staff to evaluate behaviors of children observed in waiting areas and child care settings, and develop recommendations for follow up if needed.
- Promote the services of the Universal Parenting Place to parents and the community when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Knowledge Quest job posting here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.