The Collierville Chamber of Commerce is seeking a President and CEO in Collierville, TN.
1. Responsible for writing, executing, and submitting reports for grants from the municipal, county, state governments. Also, identifying and applying for other grant opportunities offered through various organizations.
2. Responsible for the chamber’s overall economic development effort including traditional economic and marketing activities for retention and expansion.
3. Identify Chamber and community needs and assist in the preparation of the Chamber’s annual program of work. He/she will be responsible for constant evaluation of the program, measuring advancement toward goals, reporting to the board on the progress and recommend changes as needed.
4. Responsible for the internal structure and procedure of the Chamber to ensure that the organization is functioning with maximum efficiency. The President/CEO presents recommendations to the Board regarding changes in structure and procedures as needed.
5. Assist in the development of the Chamber annual budget and relating budget to program goals. Further, the President/CEO is responsible for all expenditures within the framework of the budget. He/she will prepare monthly financial statements of income and expenses and quarterly statements of expenses by department. He/she will ensure that financial records of the Chamber are reviewed annually by CPA. He/she will seek maximum efficiency in all financial procedures.
6. Responsible for the employment of all staff personnel, their continuing on-the-job training, the assignment of their duties, and the supervision of their work. This would include managing and motivating a chamber volunteer base.
7. Ensuring that the Chamber’s policies, established by the Board are properly recorded in minutes and indexed in the Policy Manual. He/she will assist the Board, committees, members and the staff in interpretation of policy. He/she will assist the Chairman of the Board of Directors in preparation of statements of Chamber position on public issues.
8. Responsible for the maintenance and improvements of headquarters as approved by the Board of Directors.
9. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the President/CEO is responsible for maintaining continuity and consistency in programming. Based on proper research of community needs, the president must anticipate long-range issues and recommend programs that address such issues.
10. Responsible for the submission to the State of Tennessee proper annual renewals for charitable organizations and annual reporting.
11. Will be working as a liaison between the chamber, its staff, its Board of Directors, its membership, the municipality and other governmental bodies, the community, other area chambers.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Collierville Chamber job posting here.