Hilton Worldwide is seeking a Director of Architecture and Construction Project Management in Memphis, TN.
The Director of Architecture and Construction Project Management will provide project management for new development, ground up projects, adaptive reuse projects, conversions, room additions, and brand change projects, as well as for renovation projects as needed. The Team Member will be responsible for providing technical guidance and services, enforcing design and construction standards, and for monitoring construction activities for Focused Service hotel projects. This includes reviewing architectural and engineering documents and conducting a minimum of three (3) on site construction inspections.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Review hotel site plans as part of the franchise approval process for new hotels to ensure that the proposed site will support the proposed hotel in compliance with Hilton Worldwide standards and prototype drawings
- Conduct pre-design meetings with franchisee and architect for new projects
- Explain Hilton Worldwide Architecture and Construction role, as well as the standards and prototype drawings
- Review preliminary plans, 50% complete plans, and 100% complete plans and specifications in detail to ensure compliance with Hilton Worldwide standards and prototype drawings
- Review landscape, civil engineering, structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical drawings and specifications
- Coordinate with Hilton Worldwide Senior Director Engineering Support as needed
- Address concerns immediately and provide detailed written correspondence to franchisee and architect explaining the non-complying issues and presenting solutions
- Conduct meetings, conference calls, and webinars as needed to explain Hilton Worldwide requirements to franchisee, architect, and other project Team Members
- Review construction submittals and shop drawings in detail to ensure compliance with Hilton Worldwide standards and prototype drawings
- Address concerns immediately and provide detailed written correspondence to franchisee, architect, and contractor explaining the non-complying issues and presenting solutions
- Visit the project during construction at least three(3) times to ensure compliance with Hilton Worldwide standards and prototype drawings and the approved plans that were submitted
- Address concerns immediately, in person, while at the site, and also provide detailed written correspondence following the site visit
- Continually update project data in O2O tracking system
- Provide accurate forecasted construction start and hotel opening dates for senior management forecasting purposes
- Review and propose revisions to standards and prototype drawings
- On occasion will prepare PIP reports and pre-evaluation reports and review with Architecture and Construction Vice President, PQI, and Development as needed. This includes a) Non Hilton Worldwide brand converting to Hilton Worldwide brand, b) Hotel that has been closed converting to Hilton Worldwide brand, and c) Hilton Worldwide brand converting to a different Hilton Worldwide brand
- Prepare sketches of possible solutions for commercial areas, guest rooms, exterior design, etc. and present to ownership as part of the pre-evaluation and PIP process
- Travel as necessary to accomplish the goals for the position while managing travel expenses within company guidelines and maximizing travel efficiencies
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Hilton job posting here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.