Christian Brothers University is seeking a Director of Alumni and Volunteer Development in Memphis, TN.
Direct and implement a comprehensive Alumni and Volunteer Relations Program to build alumni and volunteer participation nationally and support through strong communication, personal interaction, planning the implementation of reunions, chapters, and activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to the University’s National Alumni Board and work to build a strong, regional and national based program.
- Organize and build leadership in cities/regions with high alumni concentrations and assist area alumni in implementing regional gatherings.
- Supervise all aspects of planning and implementation for the University’s Alumni Weekend, class reunions, reunions for the University’s professional schools, and additional affinity group gatherings and fundraising and cultivation events.
- Design productive volunteer opportunities for alumni through planning committees, professional school Councils, and work with Admissions and the Career Center; recruit alumni participation.
- Serve as a supportive member of the University Advancement team on various fundraising campaigns, alumni cultivation, and special events, often in a leadership role.
- Supervise development of special programming for students and young alumni.
- Work with campus community to build communication and benefits offered to alumni and strengthen personal contact.
- Work closely with Advancement Services to solicit, maintain, and track accurate and up-to-date information for alumni files.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Formulate and execute a communications program supporting alumni and volunteer participation. Ensures open communication with Major Gift Officers regarding contact of potential donors. Position requires travel and a commitment to working some evenings and weekends.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the CBU job posting here.