Rent the Runway is seeking a Buyer in New York, NY.
Rent the Runway’s merchandising team is seeking an entrepreneurial merchant with great energy and sharp interpersonal skills with 1-5 years of experience in a buyer-level role. This is a unique opportunity to help grow an important merchandise category for the company as well as conceptualizing and incubating new merchandise categories in the future.
- Manage and grow vendor matrix for new sportswear category
- Oversee buying process from start to finish including
- Scheduling market appointments
- Leading post market style outs
- Placing purchase orders and managing shipping
- Managing photo-shoot process and uploading of new styles to site
- Ensuring new merchandise is received on time and in perfect condition
- Communicating with accounts payable to ensure proper pricing and terms on invoices
- Analyze style performance consistently and work with Director and Planner to help drive inventory decisions regarding re-orders and RTV’s
- Work together as a team to achieve departmental performance metrics such as turn, average cost and profitability
- Negotiate pricing up front with vendors at time of order placement and during re-orders
- Negotiate return of slow renting stock to vendors
- Continually communicate with operations team to ensure that new merchandise meets durability standards and assist with inventory maintenance issues as needed
- Work cross functionally with marketing team to create targeted marketing programs for key designers
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Rent the Runway job posting here.