Rent the Runway is seeking a Buyer in New York, NY.
Rent the Runway’s merchandising team is seeking an entrepreneurial merchant with great energy and sharp interpersonal skills with 1-5 years of experience in a buyer-level role. This is a unique opportunity to help grow an important merchandise category for the company as well as conceptualizing and incubating new merchandise categories in the future.
- Manage and grow vendor matrix for new sportswear category
- Oversee buying process from start to finish including
- Scheduling market appointments
- Leading post market style outs
- Placing purchase orders and managing shipping
- Managing photo-shoot process and uploading of new styles to site
- Ensuring new merchandise is received on time and in perfect condition
- Communicating with accounts payable to ensure proper pricing and terms on invoices
- Analyze style performance consistently and work with Director and Planner to help drive inventory decisions regarding re-orders and RTV’s
- Work together as a team to achieve departmental performance metrics such as turn, average cost and profitability
- Negotiate pricing up front with vendors at time of order placement and during re-orders
- Negotiate return of slow renting stock to vendors
- Continually communicate with operations team to ensure that new merchandise meets durability standards and assist with inventory maintenance issues as needed
- Work cross functionally with marketing team to create targeted marketing programs for key designers
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Rent the Runway job posting here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.