Alzheimer’s Day Services is seeking a Director of Development in Memphis, TN.
Under the direction of the Executive Director or designee, the Development Director plans, organizes, directs and coordinates new, ongoing and special project funding programs, as well as creates and manages marketing and communications for Alzheimer’s Day Services through established fundraising and marketing goals to ensure measurable annual growth.
- Fundraising and donor stewardship
- Creates an annual actionable development plan in order to raise pre-determined amount of funding.
- Identifies funding projects and creates compelling needs statements for each area.
- Plans and coordinates solicitations for ongoing support from individuals, corporations, civic groups, CFC, and foundations.
- Develops grant proposals that fund general operating, program and capital expenses.
- Researches grant opportunities
- Prepares and submits grant proposals.
- Provides granting organizations updates and reports as needed.
- Develops and implements an endowment-building program and a major gifts program.
- Researches, designs and implements strategies to increase gifts to the endowment and scholarship funds, donations of in-kind items and planned giving.
- Analyzes and evaluates the outcomes of all fundraising activities including income, expenses and volunteer hours. Makes recommendations upon this review.
- Acknowledges all gifts in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Develops and implements appropriate donor stewardship and recognition strategies.
- Maintains active, positive relationship with donors throughout year.
- Trains board members and other volunteers in marketing, solicitation and other development activities.
- Special Events
- Oversees planning for special events including obtaining sponsorships, solicitation of gifts and preparation of related printed materials and publications.
- Manages and supports Special Events Coordinator and/or contracted development personnel in his/her role.
- Works with volunteer committees to achieve goals of each event.
- Database management and donor research
- Develops strategies for identifying, cultivating and soliciting new donors.
- Monitors the maintenance of the donor database.
- Maintains, tracks and balances financial records of ADS to fundraising database monthly in coordination with ADS’ Controller and in accordance with standards.
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Develops and distributes marketing and public relations materials.
- Serves as an official representative for ADS as needed, in coordination with Executive Director.
- Engages the public to create awareness and educate the community on the mission and needs of ADS such as attendance at community and corporate health fairs, expos, church groups, civic organizations.
- Supervises the quarterly publication of “HeartBeats”, the ADS newsletter.
- Monitors and updates the agency website and other social media outlets.
- Maintains comprehensive calendar of marketing, development and fundraising activities.
- Increases visibility of development activities and maintains good public relations.
- Develops a positive relationship with Mid-South media sources.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Ruthann G. Shelton at email@example.com.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.