Electrolux is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Memphis, TN.
This highly visible, hands-on leader is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to manufacturing engineering projects and manufacturability across all processes aiming to ensure state-of-the-art technology, equipment and processes.
This position will have a significant opportunity to increase the level of automation across the entire facility.
• Drive the investments on new industrial initiatives and other changes necessary to improve production efficiency, quality and operational safety.
• Participate in engineering design reviews; evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
• Analyze manufacturing process flows for continuous improvement opportunities in quality, cost and throughput. Focus on Lean Enterprise evaluation and deployment.
• Lead / participate in research, collection of information, obtaining quotes from vendors and checking availability of equipment.
• Write investment Requests
• Follow and report the status of a project. Schedules and any suggested revisions should be reviewed. Any changes to a project’s plan or schedule shall be documented.
• Lead project review meetings during the course of a project.
• Establish and executing project task lists to keep projects moving forward according each project’s plan.
• Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist with the project.
• Travel will be required during project review meetings and during commissioning.
• Operational support, press room equipment; 100 – 1500 to progressive, transfer, hand tool, punch press process.
• Tooling operation, basic functionality for the processing of parts, motion events, die clamping and processing.
• SMED functions, quick change processes and hardware required to achieve 5 minute changeover mandates.
• Project deployment and a successful startup with continuous support, deploy inside project financials, achieve project timelines, comply or exceed quality targets encompassed in the project scope.
• Responsible for performing engineering and technical duties during the development of components throughout launches and production according to control plans. Performs problem solving techniques, process improvements, and maintains the quality standards of products.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Electrolux posting here.