The Greater Memphis Chamber is seeking a Director of Workforce Development and Education in Memphis, TN.
This person will ensure employers have access to a qualified workforce and employers and employment base have access to quality training that is market driven. This position is responsible for managing and administering industry specific education/workforce initiatives, and guiding workforce development efforts by working with companies, educational institutions and training partners to develop a constituency of qualified workers for local companies that strengthen our region’s economic base.
- Development of talent for Memphis and Shelby County with emphasis on target sectors that contribute to the Greater Memphis Chamber’s Economic Development plan.
- Work closely with other WFD team members, educational institutions, and workforce organizations to develop and strengthen the Memphis area’s qualified labor pool.
- Communicate employer needs, trends to community partners and educational institutions.
- Serve as key liaison between the Greater Memphis Chamber (GMC), education and training Institutions and Memphis area industry specific companies.
- Identify leading manufacturing and logistics companies in the Memphis Metro Area of various size and business scope to provide educational partners information to address training needs.
- Facilitate effective working network between industry specific companies and educational partners, to identify critical equipment and training needs.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Greater Memphis Chamber’s posting here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.