Featured Job Posting: Operations Manager @ Memphis Grizzlies
July 29, 2014 | Posted in:Job Posting
The Memphis Grizzlies are currently seeking an Operations Manager.
he Operations Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and management of event related functions including; event set-ups, housekeeping, carpentry, painting, staffing/payroll and assisting the Director of Facility Operations with Capital Projects.
- Manage Conversions and Housekeeping Departments and Carpentry / Painting to ensure event set-ups are correct and maintenance of areas are proper for events
- Assist Director of Facility Operations on planning and execution of capital projects as assigned
- Knowledge of various event set-ups to include basketball, concerts, family shows, corporate functions, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of large retractable seating systems including structural components and motor operations, repair and replacement
- Knowledge of general carpentry and painting practices
- General knowledge of lighting and sound systems
- Assist Event Managers and Booking Director – in the design (CAD drawings), set-ups and coordination and changeovers of all events in a timely manner
- Ensure the life safety and security and well being of all employees, guests and clients in all event set-ups and equipment maintenance at FedExForum
- Create and manage policies and procedures to ensure the completion of all event set-up requirements and equipment maintenance within FedExForum
- Communicate with management on the Interaction with appropriate local, state and federal agencies on applicable event services related issues
- Develop an integrated relationship with other Arena Operations departments, to completely utilize all features of FedExForum
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive workplace safety program, following all OSHA and state regulations
- Develop and manage staff performance criteria, oversee Conversions hiring process, scheduling and payroll as required.
- Assist all departments and vendor partners as assigned
- Provide technical support to events outside of arena complex for other departments and vendor partners as assigned
- Provide input into the development of capital and operational budgets for Operations Department
To learn more or to apply online, visit the Memphis Grizzlies posting here.
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.