Smith & Nephew is searching for a Project Manager in Memphis, TN.
This person facilitates and negotiates activities between manufacturing, quality, marketing, and product development teams to ensure the manufacturability. Facilitates the transfer of products into manufacturing and the supply chain inclusive of Smith & Nephew facilities and suppliers. Project Management responsibilities which include budgeting, planning, tracking and administration in order to deliver cost-effective, verified and validated product and product system designs.
1. Directs team to assist in the orderly transition and support of new products and system designs into the manufacturing environment and provides direction on the technology required to meet production needs.
2. Actively participates in meetings on the design of new products to understand the impact, and assigns tasks to team members as needed. Represents manufacturing during product launch meetings.
3. Manages and measures the success of each project launch, and identifies innovative opportunities to meet production needs.
4. Provides engineering related technical support to all related functions including but not limited to SPS, Product Development, Quality, Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing.
5. Responsible for conformance to Good Manufacturing Practices for new products.
6. Co-responsible with product development for the integrity and innovation of all product designs within the assigned product group.
7. Work with representatives of other departments to provide appropriate short and long term project communication and ensure coordination of interdepartmental activities.
8. Coordinates with the representatives of other departments and outside consultants in order ensure and/or approve the development of design inputs that facilitate the design of cost effective, verified and validated new products and systems that meet customer needs.
9. Project responsibilities include manufacturing and quality engineering as well as technical supervision of assigned personnel and resources so as to ensure progress of the Milestone schedule.
10. Reviews design drawings, prototypes, manufacturing specifications and ECRs prior to approval.
11. Assists Regulatory Affairs in developing manufacturing and quality related material to support product registration(s).
12. Acts as a consultant to the SPS Group on the design of custom and special products as required.
13. Provide the Director with strategic or tactical input, as required, in order to assess strengths and/or weaknesses, opportunities or threats and propose solutions to meet corporate goals and needs.
14. Provides input into formulation of department objectives and assists in developing individual objectives for staff assigned to projects with responsibility.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Smith & Nephew posting.