The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is seeking a Bilingual Outreach Staff Educator in Dallas, TX.
The beautiful and nationally recognized Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is seeking an dynamic educator for an exciting full time opportunity to teach, coordinate and assist in the development of educational programming under the direction and approval of the VP of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, modify and teach education department programs, at the Arboretum and at area schools and centers.
- Develop materials related to the above programs.
- Translate written materials from English to Spanish.
- Develop, modify, supervise and teach family programs including during some school holidays and weekends in spring and fall.
- Implement lesson plans, maintain accurate data records and pack and return supplies to the Arboretum in timely manner.
- Train and supervise volunteers assisting with education programs for which he/she is responsible.
- Distribute and process program evaluations for all programs; review at the end of each semester and prepare a written report for the Vice President of Education and the Education and Research committee.
- Assist in the supervision of summer interns.
- Maintain expenses within the budget throughout the year, obtaining necessary approvals for purchases.
- Promote and facilitate Arboretum programs by developing a relationship with Partner organizations.
- Assist in developing and implementing education activities for events at the Arboretum and at partner organizations.
- Support helping the team meet and exceed the education department’s overall goals.
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the posting here.