Ford Motor Company is seeking an Engineering Specialist of Quality in Sterling Heights, MI.
Below are the position duties:
- Apply engineering principles & analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products
- Implement interim and permanent corrective actions to resolve quality issues using 8D tool, 6 panel, etc.
- Manage and direct statistical process control activities
- Knowledge of and ability to execute measurement systems analysis & variable data analysis
- Identify sources of variation within a production environment effectively and efficiently
- Establish tolerance limits and facilitate appropriate corrective actions
- Establish and monitor quality target levels for each build
- Provide input for design and assembly concepts which will yield nominal variations
- Establish critical characteristics for gauging and measuring data collection methods
- Determine inspection equipment and facility requirements
- Support expedited concern resolution with cross functional teams including the Quality Department, Production and Suppliers
- Review internal/external suppliers for critical characteristics process compatibility
- Review incoming quality concerns to maintain quality with assigned area; must have experience with initiating containment, determining root cause and implementing corrective actions
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Ford posting here.
Author: Angela Copeland
Angela Copeland is Founder and Coach for Copeland Coaching, a great way to jump start your job search. Follow her on Twitter @CopelandCoach for tips on finding the perfect job for you.