I received an e-mail this week asking me to share another great job here in Memphis. Methodist Healthcare is looking for a web/UI/UX designer for their web team. The position is responsible for design and user experience on all of our sites, primarily www.MethodistHealth.org, www.LeBonheur.org and their intranet. Experience with Responsive Web Design and Mobile First is important.
Here’s more information from their posting. To apply online, visit their site here.
- Responsible for designing, optimizing graphics for the Web and coding HTML/CSS for MLH Web sites or Web application UI to match the customer’s needs and effectively communicate the ideas being promoted while maintaining consistency with MLH and Le Bonheur brands. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design or related field.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Three to five years experience in Web design, to include strong web design background/portfolio.
- Strong skills in HTML/CSS and Photoshop, including optimizing graphics for the Web.
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX (User Interface and User Experience) best practices.
- Experience with AJAX/JQuery.
- Experience with cross-browser testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of designing sites according to customers’ needs.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.