The Nashville Symphony is seeking a Director of Education and Community Engagement in Nashville, TN.
- In consultation with the appropriate staff, volunteers, community and cultural partners, seek new opportunities and design appropriate programs to expand educational offerings
- In consultation with Senior staff, expand community engagement in targeted demographics consistent with the overall vision of the Association
- Oversee, manage and evaluate existing education programs and community engagement activities to inform program improvements and support related fundraising initiatives
- Plan, create, manage, reconcile and demonstrate accountability for education and community engagement components of the Association budget and resources
- Manage and submit all necessary payroll for all applicable educational programs
- Ensure the timely and effective communication of all details of education programs and community engagement activities to appropriate Association staff and community and cultural partners for execution by production, marketing, development and partnership personnel
- Work with the Marketing and Development Departments to build programs that effectively support sponsor and donor relationships and maximize earned income (where applicable) and visibility in Middle Tennessee and the surrounding communities
- In consultation with the Marketing Department, communicate and promote, to defined target markets, the education and community engagement programs
- Work in conjunction with and cultivate school, performing arts and civic and cultural partnerships to establish on-going productive relationships and capitalize on combined partnerships, shared resources, cross promotion and creative programming
- Serve as primary education and community engagement representative of the Association.
- Identify education trends that may present new opportunities for the Association; recommend a course of action that takes this information into account
- Develop survey and assessment tools to measure the outcomes of education and community engagement programs
- Stay abreast of local and national education policies and maintain relationship with school administration and teaching personnel
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Director of Operations to develop annual concert season calendar
To learn more, or to apply online, visit the Nashville Symphony posting here.